Physical Information

ATTENTION PARENTS: If your child will be entertaining grades 7-12 and is interested in playing sports for the Carlynton School District please read!

Beginning with the 2020/2021 School Year (starting 6/1/20), Carlynton will be using a outside provider called Healthy Roster to electronically collect all PIAA, AHN and Carlynton School District paperwork as it relates to participation in extracurricular athletic activities in interscholastic sports for grades 7-12 only.  This includes:

  • PIAA CIPPE – Sections 1 and 2
  • PIAA CIPPE – Sections 3 and 4
  • PIAA CIPPE – Section 5
  • PIAA CIPPE – Section 6
  • PIAA CIPPE – Section 7 (if necessary)
  • PIAA CIPPE – Section 10 (COVID)
  • AHN Sports Medicine HIPPA
  • AHN Sports Medicine Consent to Treat

~ Please note that the nurse’s physical paperwork is NOT the same as PIAA CIPPE Section 6 and will not be accepted for interscholastic sports participation.

All information will be filled out online using the electronic forms found in the documents section on your Healthy Roster account.  There are two exceptions:

  1. You will need to take Section 6 of the PIAA CIPPE with you to have the doctor sign off on your child’s sports physical.  Afterwards, please log on to Healthy Roster to either scan or take a picture of this document and upload to the PIAA CIPPE – Section 6 form under the documents section.
  2. You only need to fill out PIAA CIPPE – Section 7 electronically if your child is participating in more than one sport in an athletic year.  Remember this form cannot be filled out any earlier then 6 weeks prior to the start of the sports season

If you need any help with completing these documents online please visit the link below:

If you have any questions or concerns regarding Healthy Roster, please don’t hesitate to reach out to  our Licensed Athletic Trainer.

Kelsey Wallace at

OR you may message her via the Healthy Roster app once your account is set up.



Q: Can I still turn in paper copies of the mandatory forms (documents) to the Athletic Office?

A: No.  All paperwork must be submitted online via Healthy Roster.


Q: What are the mandatory forms (documents) that need to be filled out online via Healthy Roster

A: The following forms (documents) must be filled out online and signed electronically:

  • PIAA CIPPE – Sections 1 & 2
  • PIAA CIPPE – Sections 3 & 4
  • PIAA CIPPE – Section 5
  • PIAA CIPPE – Section 6 (Upload completed form only)
  • PIAA CIPPE – Section 7 (if necessary)
  • Allegheny Health Network – Authorization for Release of Protected Info
  • Allegheny Health Network – Consent to Treat

Q: Why can’t I fill out PIAA CIPPE – Section 6 online?

A: PIAA CIPPE – Section 6 is the actual physical that requires a physician signature, which cannot be done electronically.  To upload this form, please follow the instructions found with the PIAA CIPPE – Section 6 document in Healthy Roster.

Q: Why is PIAA CIPPE – Section 7 not mandatory for all athletes?

A: PIAA CIPPE – Section 7 is only mandatory for athletes who are playing more than one (1) sport during a school year.  This form won’t be available to complete not earlier then six (6) weeks prior to the start of the winter and spring sports season.

Q: Can I fill out the forms (documents) prior to June 1st and submit the physical after June 1st?

A: No.  All paperwork must be completed and signed after June 1st per PIAA guidelines.  All documents will be electronically dated when completed online, so you won’t be able to change the date.

Q: Do these forms (documents) need to be filled out prior to voluntary, off-season workouts?

A: No.  All paperwork is due prior to the start of the first official day of practice.  Those dates are:

  • Fall Sports – 8/10/2020
  • Winter Sports – 11/20/2020
  • Spring Sports – 3/8/2021

 Q: If I have health care  insurance other than Highmark (i.e. UPMC, Cigna, United, and Aetna), do I need to complete the Allegheny Health Network – Authorization for Release of Protected Info and Allegheny Health Network – Consent to Treat documents?

A:  Yes.  These forms are necessary for our Certified Athletic Trainers to provide treatment and care to all student-athletes in the Carlynton School District.